Attorney: Robert E. Ganz
Robert E. Ganz is a founding member of GanzLLP a business law firm headquartered in Albany, N.Y. and serving clients throughout Northeastern New York and New York City. He has practiced in the areas of commercial litigation, employment, collections, business transactions and commercial real estate for the past 40 years. He is admitted to the New York Bar and has litigated matters in all of New York’s state and federal courts, as well as in federal courts in other parts of the country. He is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Rochester and received his JD from Catholic University in Washington DC where he served as an editor of the Law Review.
Mr. Ganz is a member of the Albany County and New York State Bar Associations, is a frequent Continuing Legal Education speaker on various business law topics, and has served on a variety of community boards including the Guilderland Public Library, Daughters of Sarah Nursing Home Foundation, Congregation Ohav Shalom, Northeast Association of the Blind and Jewish National Fund-Capital Region of which he currently serves as President.
He is married to Dorothy B. Ganz, a member of National Board of Hadassah. They have five children.
- University of Rochester (A.B., magna cum laude, 1973)
- Catholic University of America (J.D., 1975). Catholic Law review, Vol. 23. Associate Editor for Research
- Speaker, Continuing Legal Education, various business law topics
- Board of Editors, Computer Law Strategist, 1985-1996
- Member, advisory Board of New York Business Law Journal
- President, Congregation Ohav Shalom 1996 – 1998, Board of Directors Northeast Association of the Blind (2000 -2003, 2007 – 2010)
- Elected Trustee, Guilderland Public Library, 2001 – 2014 (President 2004 – 2007)
- Daugther of Sarah Foundation; Board of Directors 2008-present (V.P. 2012-)
- Capital Region Board of Directors – Jewish National Fund (2011-present, President 2014-)
- Albany County, New York State Bar Associations
- Upstate New York Superlawyers – Commercial Litigation – 2007-2014.